Recording update… NOT good news

Well, today was the first test. I replaced the battery in the Radio Shack microphone, so I know that wasn’t the problem. I figured that the battery should be replaced, regardless, since I apparently had left the switch on since Monday.

I recorded the class, as usual. No problem there. At the end of class it said it recorded 1 hour and 4 minutes.waveform About right. I get home, and move the files over, and BAM! the file is completely dorked up. It starts fine (Sort of) but then starts jumping all around the lecture. When I open the file in Audacity and look at the waveform display, it shows long periods of silence, and when I do play the sections that actually have soundwaves, it has my sentences all jumbled up. (in image, audio on left, and the silence is on the right… and definitely not how the lecture was!)


So I am now left with it being a problem with the iTalk, or a problem with the iPod. Unfortunately, I don’t have another iPod photo that I can use to continue the trouble shooting. I have checked online and haven’t seen anything that would lead me to conclude that it is a problem with the iTalk. Given that it seems to be a problem with the way the data is stored, I am left with the conclusion that it is the iPod.

I welcome any other ideas, or suggestions. I really have enjoyed this technology working, and would hate to lose this capability.

The Professor


One thought on “Recording update… NOT good news

  1. My guess would be disk fragmentation. Reformat the drive and see what happens. (But I see you have another entry. I will go read that now.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *