I am slowly working to catch up on posting some of our recent “Real Tech for Real People” podcasts. Episode 51 was where I revealed that I had made the switch to an Android phone, having decided to purchase the Samsung Captivate. This of course, also meant that I was staying with AT&T. I will have a review on the website here soon with my thoughts about the phone and the OS, but my initial thoughts were in the podcast.
- ANDROID – Will the Google Android OS take over?
- NEWS:Amazon has amazing prices on Cell Phones. Especially if you are wanting to get a new contract, but great prices even on renewing. A Captivate ($249 for 2 yr contract at ATT store) will sell for $40 with a new contract, or only $99 to renew (Addendum: that’s $99 for a renewal for an individual plan. It is $149 for a family plan phone)! Other great deals as well. Just go to wireless.amazon.com and check them out.
- SECURITY ALWAYS:
- Steve was visiting his grandmother’s and found an unsecured WiFi. Not a problem–necessarily, EXCEPT the Router had NO PASSWORD.
- Tip to listeners: at least enter a password for the router (especially DLink routers that have as their default “NO” password)
- PICKS of the Week:Steve: Paper.li Build your own online newspaper based on your friends on Facebook or Twitter. Works from any OS on any browser.
Chris: iPad Twitter App
Tony: eCamm Skype Recorder