Real Tech for Real People, Episode 51 — ANDROID
I am slowly working to catch up on posting some of our recent “Real Tech for Real People” podcasts. Â Episode 51 was where I revealed that I had made the switch to an Android phone, having decided to purchase the Samsung Captivate. Â This of course, also meant that I was staying with AT&T. Â I will have a review on the website here soon with my thoughts about the phone and the OS, but my initial thoughts were in the podcast.
- ANDROID â€“ Will the Google Android OS take over?
- NEWS:Amazon hasÂ amazing prices on Cell Phones. Especially if you are wanting to get a new contract, but great prices even on renewing. A Captivate ($249 for 2 yr contract at ATT store) will sell for $40 with a new contract, or only $99 to renew (Addendum: Â that’s $99 for a renewal for an individual plan. Â It is $149 for a family plan phone)! Other great deals as well. Just go toÂ wireless.amazon.com and check them out.
- SECURITY ALWAYS:
- Steve was visiting his grandmotherâ€™s and found an unsecured WiFi. Not a problemâ€“necessarily, EXCEPT the Router had NO PASSWORD.
- Tip to listeners: at least enter a password for the router (especially DLink routers that have as their default â€œNOâ€ password)
- PICKS of the Week:Steve:Â Paper.li Build your own online newspaper based on your friends on Facebook or Twitter. Works from any OS on any browser.
Chris: iPad Twitter App
Tony: eCamm Skype Recorder
- Steveâ€™s info: Â [blog]Â http://theprofessornotes.com[twitter]Â @scmprofessor
- Tonyâ€™s info: [blog] http://getthenext.com [twitter]Â @tonypittman
- Chrisâ€™ info: [blog]Â http://targuman.org/blog [twitter]Â @targumanJoshâ€™s info: [twitter]Â @joshfink
Podcast: Play in new window | Download