What is TalkShoe? Enables anyone to create, join or listen to LIVE, Interactive, podcasts… (and is a local Pittsburgh PA Company!) For those that listen to the most popular podcaster today (Leo Laporte) he uses this for many of his podcasts, most noteably, Net@Night with Amber McArthur.
- live audio streaming
- live chat
- takes CALLS
Who is using TalkShoe? Talkcasters. I mentioned Leo and Net@Night (id 3185), but also
- Geeza (live commentary DVD viewing… Wow!) (talkshoe ID 8230)
- Scott and Kris – The Power Hour, they are comics writers (talkshoe id 5809)
- Bill Alexander – The NETIO Show (id 1832) He broadcasted last night at the restaurant!
- Cliff Ravenscraft – GSPN.tv (is 5138)
- Adam Christianson – The Maccast (id 17436)
- The Grasshoppers (id 43023) Chris Brogan runs this one! People helping people! How cool!)
- Tech Podcasts Roundtable (id 3254)
So why do TalkShoe he asks?
- Connect with audience
- Format change
- meet people with common interests (miniatures? Doll Houses?)
- form friendships
- content that lasts
- build communities
- have fun!
HOW do we do this?
- Sign up (user ID, Pin, and install the software)
- Click “Create” button…
- Call In to the show…
- With Skype (using skypeOut)
- VOIP (SJ Phone, Gizmo Project)
- ShoePhone (Talkshoe’s built in VOIP)
- POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service!)
- Click on Record.
It’s that simple.
How much does it cost?
$0.00 (And that is in Canadian dollars… the conversion to Euros is… 0.00)
In FACT they PAY you–$50 for the first 10 episodes, and pay per download after that. How cool is THAT?
NEXT RELEASE: Codename: “Tokyo” ETA 10 Sept 07
How cool is this? My son and I are thinking it might be a great way to make our football conversations a bit more interactive, and get more people involved. Really helps us connect with the audience. That CAN’T be a bad thing!
How can I use this in education? Imagine a “virtual study group” hosted through podcast–where students can call in and ask questions, and the professor can answer.
How about a call in show to leaders in Supply Chain? Wouldn’t you love a chance to pick the brains of the movers in logistics and supply chain?
Again, how cool…